1. Surface Preparation Must Be Immaculate
- A three-stage aluminium pre-treatment process with our recently installed brand newchemical pre-treatment dipping tanks (5.3mx0.7mx1.2m)
- On site sandblasting for preparation of new and old steel substrates (including already galvanised substrates) for powdercoating.
- A range of suitable solvents and chemical cleaners for surface preparation.
- Powdercoating primers and undercoats as part of a multi-stage powder application process.
- Your item are checked that preparation is perfect before being moved to the trolley shed
2. Electrostatic Powder Application
suspend them from a trolley frame using any of our extensive range of specialist tools and hooks to mimimise the number of contact points.
Any additional dressing, masking or surface protection done before the trolley of proceeds to the powdercoat application booth. Here they are then thoroughly blown down to remove any sand or dust. The coating is done by our expert coater using the powder of your choice and an electrostatic powder gun. Special care is taken is taken to target all the little nooks and crannies which are often missed in automatic and big operations.
Once completed the coater double checks his coverage then very carefully moves the trolley to the bake oven.
3. Curing Bake Oven
Normally the powders cure at 200°C for 10 minutes. The curing schedule could vary according to the manufacturer's specifications. Bakes take between 20 and 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the metal.
The temperature of the items are checked untill the required temperature (between 180° and 220° depending on the powder suppliers curing instructions) and time is achieved. Once complete the trolley is removed from the oven and allowed to cool.
4. Quality check and packing.
Once Cool Chris (shareholder and manager) thoroughly goes over your product checking that it the best job possible.
"Our primary focus is customer satisfaction and maintaining due care and premium quality throughout all processes. I will never present a customer with a finished product unless I'd be satisfied to have the finished product in my own home." - Chris Haldane, Powdercoating NZ Quality Assessor
If required your items will be packaged or put on a pallet so they wont scratch then wrapped ready for you to pick up or have picked up.